Planning an event in the UK’s second largest city isn’t an easy feat. According to an in-depth study of the views of more than 600 British event organisers by The 2010/11 BMEIS, Birmingham has been selected as the top UK events destination outside London. With over 200,000 conferences and 320 exhibitions being hosted in the city every year, it’s imperative that event planners Birmingham get it right. Here are a few tips to help you on your way.
- Travel To and From Birmingham – Birmingham is at the center of the national motorway network and at the heart of the UK rail network. It also has direct air travel to 143 destinations worldwide. This makes it an ideal location for any event or meeting for your business. Event organisers Birmingham need to allow adequate time for delegates to travel to the point of meeting and ensure that direct transport links are accessible when choosing an event location.
- Make it Memorable – Diverse cultural influences are easy to spot in Birmingham. Different nationalities, religions, arts, interests and ideas all exist side-by-side, giving the city’s people and businesses the gutsy confidence to always try something different and to explore everything new. Make your event stand out and create a talking point by introducing multicultural food or music to your event. Be the city’s most unique event organiser Birmingham.
- Choose Your Venue Wisely – With over 150 meeting and conference centers in the city, event planners Birmingham have a tough decision to make. Ensure your venue provides suitable seating, accommodation, room layout and facilities to host your event.
- Make Parking a Priority – Delegates may require on site parking at the conference center. Hidden parking costs will disappoint attendees, so ensure that if the venue does not offer complementary parking, you advise them of the cost to park per day, or of the nearest car park to the venue.
- Call Conferences and Events UK for Event Planning and Management Services – From parties to conferences, staging to PA system hire Birmingham, Conferences and Events UK’s organiser experts have it covered. Take time-wasting and stress out of the equation and use our event planners to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day.